Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bucharest Day 5

At 9:20 this morning, a car picked me up to take me to Elisabeta Palace to see three investure ceremonies. 
Ilie Natase being honored by king

Most of the announcements were in Romanian, but I did pick up on one of the final presentations.  I heard the word Sport and Natase, and I asked one of the TV reporters if it was the tennis player, Ilie Natase, and it was.


Now off to Cotroceni Palace for a tour, and then dinner with Diana Mandache.  Tomorrow, I am getting a car and driver from the palace and going to Sinaia!

2 comments:

John said...

Oh how I'd love to see Missy's unusual rooms in Cotroceni palace, the Gothic looking ones where so many interesting photos of her were taken. Enjoy! Take pics?

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

No piccies allowed at Cotroceni - even exteriors. One could pay 40 leis to be allowed to take photos in three rooms ... wasn't going to do that