Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lady Rose Windsor to marry

I gave a hint in an earlier post about an upcoming wedding, but I was told that I could not make the information public ... now I can. The Lady Rose Windsor, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, is to marry George Gilman at the Queen's Chapel, St. James's Palace on July 19th.
I learned about the wedding during a visit to London in May, but was sworn to secrecy. The Queen's Chapel was built by Inigo Jones, and is close to Marlborough House.
Princess Margaret's coffin remained in the chapel before her funeral so family members could pay their respects in private. For a time, the chapel was known as the German Chapel Royal. From 1880 until 1936, the chapel was used by a Danish-Lutheran congregation.

The Queen's Chapel is opened to the public at times for religious services.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page966.asp